Saturday, February 24, 2007

I LOVE this!

I always loved this photo of my daughter. This was her first Easter... well, that she was old enough to play. She couldn't find any Easter eggs, so her older brother would show her an egg, and she would run to get it and put it in her basket.
This was the original photo. It had yellowed with age, and her little face was in a shadow. Well.. I've been doing some tutorials and reading up on hints, and was able to save the photo and make this layout with it.

I found a really nifty tutorial... mentioned in the post before this, that helped me save it. I was able to brighten it up and get rid of most of the shadows.
I loved the beautiful pink kit that I used in this lo. It's Monica Larsen's Romantic Breeze. I added some little flowers in the upper right corner with a brush. I needed that corner to have a little stronger color to be balanced with the lower right. Then I moved the entire lo up a little to show off the flowers more.

1 comment:

Erika said...

FABULOUS!! I love it!




What? About me?

from around Louisville, Kentucky, United States