Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's a New Day!

It's a new year and lots of things have happened. Guess I've started a new me. I'm not sure how I will turn out by the end of this year, but I know I will not be the same.

I left the scrapbooking world. I just didn't have that many pictures to scrap, and all the kits were beginning to seem the same. I thought about selling kits, but I think that would just be adding to the problem of lack of creativity.

I've retired from my job as the secretary of our church. I had been frustrated for about as long as Bert was our preacher. He didn't even try to be a pastor. I was tired of trying to keep the church on track with a immense lack of communication and resentment. I was beginning to hate me and my life. Then Bert resigned (hooray!) but my feelings of resentment did not seem to improve that much, so it was time for a change. I had lost my religion and beginning to dread going to work or church.

I made some rules with my retirement. First, I will be a better partner to my husband. He loves me to do things with him, so I have decided to work on ways we can be together more often. Maybe go stay on the shanty a few days when he is there. Also, I try not to let a day go by without doing something constructive (besides Mafia Wars on Facebook).

I can't say there has been much improvement yet. I've spent lots of time just sitting around - playing on the computer or cutting up material for quilts. I took a photography class, (which I loved), and bought some more equipment that I think I will really use. I haven't cooked much lately, I think mostly because I don't want to go shopping. I just have to decide what I want to do and then WORK at.

No comments:




What? About me?

from around Louisville, Kentucky, United States